Rogers bandwidth warnings appearing in web browser

George Nicol gnicol-PeCUgM4zDv73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 26 22:06:04 UTC 2008

> D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I'm not clear on whether I can send outbound mail through
> their SMTP server with my domain as the From address.

> James Knott replied:
> You can always set the reply address to whatever you want.

James is correct about the reply-to address and that will
continue to be true beyond next week, I think.

But that's not what Hugh is unclear about. Rogers is going
to make some changes next week that will affect Hugh.

 From Rogers Support:

<quote>
IMPORTANT: To ensure continued delivery of your email messages,
you must update your email settings.

Dear Customer,

This is an important reminder about upcoming security enhancements
that will require you to make some adjustments to your email settings
in your profile.

According to our records, you use an alternate email addresses in the
"From" line of your messages. This could be a non-Rogers email address
associated with your business.

As a result of security enhancements happening the week of April 28th,
you will need to make a change to your email settings so you can
continue to send messages from this alternate email address.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not make this change, your mail will not be
delivered and you will see an Error 553 message when you attempt
to send mail.

This change should take under 5 minutes to complete.
You simply need to:
Sign-in to your Rogers Yahoo! Mail (Webmail) account.
Add the e-mail address(es) that you typically use in
the "From" field of your e-mail messages to your
"Mail Accounts".

Please visit http://www.rogershelp.com/verify-email for step-by-step
instructions on how to make this quick change.
</quote>

HTH

.