Rogers bandwidth warnings appearing in web browser

Matthew Godycki mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 25 16:02:38 UTC 2008

> <quote from a web page>
> Mr. Hartling said the “only” way Rogers could notify its customers they were
> approaching their bandwidth limit was to intercept and alter other content
> providers webpages. When asked why Rogers could not use email or postal mail
> to notify their high speed internet customers, Digital Home was told that not
> all Rogers High speed internet users had email and that mail was too slow.
> </quote>

> Umm... "not all Rogers High speed internet users had email"??

> What about the up to 10(?) e-mail accounts you get when you sign up for Rogers
> hi-speed which can be accessed by an e-mail program or web browser? I would
> wonder about these people getting hi-speed internet access that don't use
> either an e-mail program or web browser.

To be fair, many people that have Rogers High Speed Internet use it purely as
an ISP and do not use their e-mail services.  Especially useful for those folks
who don't want to tie themselves to an ISP for e-mail delivery but don't wish to
set up their own domain names, etc.

So those users may have e-mail, just not Rogers e-mail.

-M