Rogers bandwidth warnings appearing in web browser

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 25 15:50:17 UTC 2008

Scott Allen wrote:
> On Wed Apr 09,2008 07:37:38 PM Daniel Gardiner wrote:
> Here's a couple of articles from a site affected by the issue, including
>
> <http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2436/206/>
> <http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2437/206/>

<quote from a web page>
Mr. Hartling said the “only” way Rogers could notify its customers they were
approaching their bandwidth limit was to intercept and alter other content
providers webpages. When asked why Rogers could not use email or postal mail
to notify their high speed internet customers, Digital Home was told that not
all Rogers High speed internet users had email and that mail was too slow.
</quote>

Umm... "not all Rogers High speed internet users had email"??

What about the up to 10(?) e-mail accounts you get when you sign up for Rogers
hi-speed which can be accessed by an e-mail program or web browser? I would
wonder about these people getting hi-speed internet access that don't use
either an e-mail program or web browser.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.