Rogers bandwidth warnings appearing in web browser

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 10 16:55:32 UTC 2008

i ran over the max with cogeco, i think it shuts down the
account at 20% over stated max.
For "first offence"
they give something like a GB per three days
to help you get through the month.

i didnt ask what happens on 2nd and more offences.

I was doing a lot of blu ray downloads from torrents that month:(
usually i dont get close to the 60GB (close to 80GB before auto shutdown).

personally i don't blame them for doing this,
if everyone was none stop downloading blu ray vid's etc,
ones general internet experience would be pretty poor
i'd imagine.
Having said that, 2 blu ray movies kills your entire
alloted GB with just the two movies :(

Me thinks because of that, the movie industry has kind of
a built in copy protection with blu ray because their
40GB per movie :(

How longs it going to be before the high end
internet accounts from providers will
be many TB's limits - to allow for full rampage
of snarfing many blu ray's per month? I some how doubt
it will be anytime soon.

-tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>