[OT] Wireless Distance in Apartment

Don Moskaluk Don.Moskaluk-qw45nNPI8JxBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 10 14:29:27 UTC 2008

Stephen one more thing about 802.11 the ESSID needs to be unique.  The
standards indicated that you can inoperability between units that means
it handles noise well. Other worlds it plays well with all other wi-fi
devices. If it was too noisy your connection would not work.  I
currently operating a wireless mesh for the last five years and have
over 250 different 802.11 signals affecting my units nevertheless having
the right antennae will help you out tremendously.

The funny thing was when I got my first dlink router.  I was so
disappointed that I built my own.  Don't go to that extreme.

Sincerely,

Don Moskaluk
www.moskaluk.com/papers.htm