Samba and Vista

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 9 15:42:28 UTC 2008

--- William O'Higgins Witteman <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have to get my Debian box to host some files for a bunch of Vista
> boxes at work, and I am not having any success.  Does someone have
> smb.conf that they could post to help me out.  I would ideally be
> able
> to prompt the Vista machine for a password and then put up files,
> but I
> am not having any luck.  Thanks.
> --
>
> yours,
>
> William

I don't think Vista needs anything special than Windows XP or Win2K
unless you want AD setup. I hooked Vista when I got it onto the samba
domain for windows 98/2k/XP and it is worked just fine. I had always
access control glitch (windows is not able to see the Linux groups).
But that is not a new issue with Vista.

EK