Request for kernel-compile time (advance user only)

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 6 05:15:56 UTC 2008

Note that if you  multijob make from now on,
as great as it is,
i have had maybe 5-10% of major make jobs
fail do to the makefile not being set up to parallel make,
so it will error out based on a unfound symbol,
just do a serial make at that point to pass the
error if it was caused by a make dependancy issue.
i am sure eventually all major project will compile fine
with multijob make.

With multi cores being the norm now,
there is also a concurrent bzip2 package out there

http://compression.ca/pbzip2/

that you will find interesting.
hopefully many more common programs get a good rewrite to support multi-cpus.

-tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>