New at Rogers.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 2 16:12:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:59:24AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> I have never seen a bridged connection from them.  It would certainly
> make my work easier, if some of my customers used that.

For example if you go to www.teksavvy.com you have the choices:

High Speed DSL = Normal DSL on a normal working phone line
Costs $30 to $40 for 5M/800k

Dry-Loop DSL = Normal DSL on a inactive phone line
Costs $30 to $40 for 5M/800k + $7.25 up to $25.10 band rate (depending
on your location).

ADSL (Non - PPPOE) = ADSL without PPPoE (bridged only, so full 1500MTU).
Costs $99 for 6M/800k with 1 static IP (/30 subnet) + $250 activation
No username/password needed for connecting either, since it's just a
connection.  Setup your static IP and default gateway and you are
ready.

Some providers offer it.  Many don't since most people won't pay that
much.

--
Len Sorensen