New at Rogers.

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 2 14:55:02 UTC 2008

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 07:18:34AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
>> Funny, I've been with Rogers for about a decade and they're been a far
>> better ISP than Sympatico, which we use at work.  I've had enough
>> experience with Sympatico, helping out others, that I know I don't want
>> to go with them.
>
> It doesn't take much to be better than sympatico.  That still doesn't
> mean it's great.

Well, I've been with Rogers for something in the vicinity of 10 years.
My service has been rock solid, with very few interruptions and no
serious problems, other than some email issues, when they switched email
to Yahoo.  Those problems have long since been resolved.
Beyond that, if my TV has a signal, my cable modem likely does too.

Incidentally, I had one extra benefit when I connected with them.  In my
condo, the TV outlet was at one end and my computer at the other.
Rogers arranged for a contractor to run the cable almost the entire
length of my long & narrow condo and when they did that, they also
pulled in a couple of runs of CAT 5 for me.  They did an excellent job
and the only place where the cable is visible, is across the top of my
laundry room, where it runs next to an air duct.