A Dictionary API

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 2 14:14:02 UTC 2008

I have an idea for a "word analysis" utility that I'd like to write,
but I'm not sure what I can use as a dictionary.  Browsing around my
distribution, I see ispell, myspell, aspell, and rhyme all with some
form of dictionary capability.  However, none of these appear to have
header files or 'dev' packages associated with them.

Any suggestions of what exists for programming (, preferably with
syllabification and soundex features)?