New at Rogers.

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 2 14:39:56 UTC 2008

Aaron Vegh wrote:
> I concur; I can't love their policies overmuch, but at the end of the
> day I find the network performance outstanding. A brief trial with
> TekSavvy showed that DSL has nothing in cable. And this latest
> limitation -- 95 gb per month for me -- is about double my maximum use
> over the past three months.
>
> Rogers ain't perfect, but they're the best choice out there if you're
> looking for fast home interwebz.

Another advantage is that even though DHCP is used, the host names are
permanent (based on computer & modem MAC addresses), so you can always
find your way home from anywhere on the internet.  Since it's a hard
name to remember, I arranged for my own domain name and use an alias to
point to that long name.