starcraft

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 28 18:13:18 UTC 2007

jing wrote:
>> Okay - I cold booted. I ran the VMWare config.pl and it's still can't
>> find the headers...
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Hi Chris, could you please remind us again what your distro is?
fedora 7
> tried look back at the older messages in the thread but couldn't find
> anything.
>
> On Fedora/Redhat based machines, you can find out if your kernel dev
> libraries are installed by doing the command:
> rpm -q kernel-devel
>
> You should see something like:
> kernel-devel-2.6.18-1.2868.fc6

[chris at p733 ~]$ rpm -q kernel-devel
kernel-devel-2.6.22.7-85.fc7

> You could also see if you have the kernel sources and headers by
> dropping into the command line and trying:
> ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/

[chris at p733 ~]$ ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/
build           modules.dep          modules.networking  modules.symbols
extra           modules.ieee1394map  modules.ofmap       modules.usbmap
kernel          modules.inputmap     modules.pcimap      source
modules.alias   modules.isapnpmap    modules.scsi        updates
modules.ccwmap  modules.libata       modules.seriomap    weak-updates