First SATA drive - not working

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 28 13:59:10 UTC 2007

> It seems to me that there are several possibilities:
> - the drive is bad
> - the cable is bad
> - the mobo SATA is bad
> - the drive is larger than the mobo SATA chip can handle
I think that there is a fifth possibility here that should also be
considered -- that the bios should be flashed / updated to correct
serious bugs like SATA drives not being properly recognized. I think
that you should go to the Gigabyte site and search out the newest
iteration of the board's bios and then update your board.

John