starcraft

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 28 01:31:54 UTC 2007

Tyler Aviss wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, do you have any other small games/apps that you
> could run under WINE to see if they can get online?
>
> If you wanted, maybe try installing IES4linux (it also sometimes
> installs files which may fix other wine-run  installers/apps). That'll
> give you Internet Explorer, which you could run to see if your
> internet access, etc is working properly from wine
>
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Installation:Fedora

Okay - I installed ies4linux and it got me a little (a /very/ little)
closer. The Battle.Net download status bar window (but tnot the status
bar itself) resized itself and even tried to build the Battle.Net image
behind - _ finally had to do a manual shutdown and I saw a snippet of a
message just as I was shutting down: "Battle.Net could not verify the
version of your application..."

Chris

<snip>