starcraft

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 28 00:20:30 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm in the middle of a VMWare Workstation installation (legal copy BTW).
> I'm being asked...
>
> What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
> running
> kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]
>
> I don't know the answer to that. I tried hitting Enter to accept default
> - didn't work. I tried typing 'y' for yes (stupid, I know). I tried
> typing in the default (/usr/src/linux/include) - also didn't work.

Which distribution are you running?  Unless it's a source-based
distribution (Gentoo's the only popular one I know of) you probably
have to install a separate package that include the kernel headers.
Someone else will have to help you with that, unless you know how to
use your package manager to search for kernel-related packages.  If
you do know how to search, the package might have 'dev' in the name,
or 'source', or 'src'.  It would certainly have something about
'kernel' in either the name or the description.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com