OT contracting and incorporation

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 26 19:07:29 UTC 2007

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> I used to be skeptical of the value of business plans but we were forced
> into it to apply for a government grant. There are some excellent
> tutorials and guides on the web that I used to fulfill this requirement.
> We did get a very small grant but the business plan turned out to be
> invaluable because it forced us to confront some thorny questions on the
> objectives and methods of the proposed business.
>
> For example, it forced me to research the markets thoroughly and that
> turned up some interesting statistics.
>
> So a business plan might be a good idea - irrespective of whether it's for
> sole proprietorship or corporation.

I agree and I think the only reason why people are hesitant is that they
don't know what one is or they are just so darn sure their idea will
work that they don't want to invest the time. I think most people build
their own plan informally without knowing it.

We are probably getting off topic for this since I think the original
poster (who was it) was simply doing consulting.
--

Register for the Ontario Linux Fest Conference <http://onlinux.ca> today!
A Linux Conference for users by users.

--
*John Van Ostrand* 	*Net Direct Inc.*
CTO, co-CEO 	564 Weber St. N. Unit 12 	map

  	Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6
john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org 	Ph: 866-883-1172 	ext.5102
*Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware* 	Fx: 519-883-8533