OT contracting and incorporation

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 26 12:56:12 UTC 2007

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Dave Cramer wrote:
>>  typically leave money in my company which is only taxed at 18%
>>
> Exactly. To be more specific, dividend income is taxed lower than salary

Or perhaps income splitting with the spouse or kids. Pay them to keep
the office clean, as a board member, reception service. This only works
if your spouse doesn't have an income or it's substantially lower than
yours, and on the other side of an income tax bracket.
--

Register for the Ontario Linux Fest Conference <http://onlinux.ca> today!
A Linux Conference for users by users.

--
*John Van Ostrand* 	*Net Direct Inc.*
CTO, co-CEO 	564 Weber St. N. Unit 12 	map

  	Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6
john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org 	Ph: 866-883-1172 	ext.5102
*Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware* 	Fx: 519-883-8533