Geek woman news story of possible interest...

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 25 12:31:27 UTC 2007

James Knott wrote:

> JoeHill wrote:
> > James Knott wrote:

> >> Quite so.  With religion, being on the "wrong" side can get you killed.
> >> Now add that to a culture where vengeance, hatred and bigotry are the
> >> norm
> >>

> > Do you mean Northern Ireland? Or perhaps Alabama?
> >

> Anywhere.  There are many people around the world who will kill over
> religious beliefs.  Those people tend to believe that since "God" is on
> their side, whatever they do is justified.  Fundamentalists, including
> Dubya, are especially dangerous.

Ah, okay, I thought you were singling out one particular bunch, and I wanted to
kinda yank yer chain. I should know better than to ass-u-me, eh?

Yesterday I was on the newsgroups for the first time in years, and I had
forgotten what it was like. I saw a bunch of posts about how one certain
religio/cultural group, who have been sorta singled out the last six years, are
'peddofiles' (yup, that's how it was spelled). Funny how seeing those things can
colour your perceptions of everything else. And sad.

--
JoeHill