Geek woman news story of possible interest...

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 22:35:22 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:
> And last time I checked, the security was not all that tight at the subway
> either.

How do you know? Security need not be "in your face".

> You know what else? I'm pretty sure I've never seen any really rich
> people on the subway ;)

What does "a really rich person" look like? Is their net worth stamped
on their foreheads? What is "rich"?

>> Until people start dealing with the reason there are people doing crazy
>> things then they will continue to happen.
>
> Unfortunately, this is the kind of kind of thinking that is just not allowed
> within the current debate. Current dogma is that there is no possible way that
> we could ever change anything so that people might hate us less. We're supposed
> to just bomb them, which will somehow make them... not want to bomb us?

It is folly to think that showering those who would perpetrate such
outrages as 9/11 could be dissuaded from their evil intent merely by
showering them with money or by being nice to them. None of the 9/11
hijackers were impoverished. All had many opportunities available to
them but they chose to destroy their lives along with the lives of
thousands of innocents despite all that.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation