Geek woman news story of possible interest...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 21:35:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 05:21:39PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> What are you referring to about Halifax.  The only thing that comes to
> mind was the Halifax explosion in WW1, when a ship carrying munitions
> collided with another ship and exploded.  That ship was carrying
> explosives & fuel as it's intended cargo and not some terrorist activity.

But a terrorist could load up a ship with explosives and sail it
somewhere and do lots of damage.  Might be hard to do the level of
damage of a ship totally packed with such things, but still.  Beats a
truck blowing up or even an airplane.  From what I understand the
security at ports is also dreadful given it just isn't considered high
priority.

--
Len Sorensen