Geek woman news story of possible interest...

Matt Middleton matt-oC+CK0giAiYdmIl+iVs3AywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 13:59:39 UTC 2007

Unfortunately, using plain-text didn't allow me to emphasize the word
PARANOIA - most people with at least 50% gray matter know that was an
isolated incident that has stuck us with these ridiculous "security"
protocols.

As for sacrificing freedom for security, that's the Ben Franklin
quote, and I do agree.  To be honest, I don't think that many of the
measures implemented are really making us any safer.  That being said,
you can make one of two choices - conform and fly, or don't conform
and don't fly.  If you don't like the measures here, you might manage
to convince your MP to address the issue, but the measures in other
countries are pretty much out of our hands.