free antispam for Linux

Sat Sep 22 00:37:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 07:37:44PM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>I think Lennard wrote once that he has his email since 1994 and does
>not care about spam?
>
>What was that software you are using?
>
>I need to convince my boss that there is free software of high quality
>around, for Linux, for protecting from spam.

Lennart and myself, and many others are using bogofilter, which is very
good, and very fast (Spamassassin is not fast).  I also use razor, which
checks messages against a very large database of known spam.  With just
these two tools I get about two spam messages per week that might not be
spam, across six email accounts that are widely public and that I have
been using for (in most, but not all cases) ten or more years.
--

yours,

William