free antispam for Linux

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 21 23:56:26 UTC 2007

On 9/21/07, Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I think Lennard wrote once that he has his email since 1994 and does
> not care about spam?
>
> What was that software you are using?
>
> I need to convince my boss that there is free software of high quality
> around, for Linux, for protecting from spam.

I'm not sure what Lennard (Lennart?) is running, but SpamAssassin is a
popular solution.  IIRC, It's installed by default on a number of the
more popular distributions.  (Red Hat based systems have been doing it
for a few years now I think, but I'm fairly certain I've also seen it
in other distros as well.)

Also worth a look is Clam AntiVirus - I'm fairly certain these two
projects can work together to create robust mail servers on top of
Linux.

http://spamassassin.apache.org/
http://www.clamav.net/

--