Ontario Linux Fest

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 21 23:38:19 UTC 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007 10:55:04 Christopher Browne wrote:

> I find myself consistently underimpressed with the Blackberry
> capabilities.

I am not a gadget guy at all but I am consistently impressed by Blackberries.
The synchronization between Exchange, BES and Blackberry cannot be matched by
any device that I know of.  I don't like depending on Microsoft for email, I
don't like not having a native client on Linux (Evolution sucks last I
checked) but the integration and ease of use from SMTP through to blackberry
is impressively smooth.

I really, really like the Blackberry.  I never had palm or any other PDA
before the Blackberry, I just didn't see the point, now I do ...

> It will be mighty interesting to see what falls from the reactions to
> the iPhone;

From what I hear the iPhone is severely over-hyped, lacking such basic
features as cut and paste.  As far as I understand it, no businesses are
likely to consider it as there's no worthwhile encryption or security
features.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada