OT: How many internal IDE drives maximum off of an ATX power supply?

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 21 02:36:57 UTC 2007

--- Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> So long answer short; it depends on the quality of your PSU and the
> max
> amperage available on the 12vDC rail mainly, with the 5vDC rail being
>
> important but much less so.
>
> Madi

Thanks for the detailed info Madison - obviously I am close to pushing
the limits of the PSU if I add the 4th HD, or perhaps it'll Just Work.

This is an old system - the case is circa 99-00, so I doubt the PSU can
handle much more than what's already in there. So perhaps I am better
off just swapping out the smallest HD in there right now and putting in
the bigger one that I was going to add.

Thanks!
Cheers,

Salman Ahmed