An article on "being positive"

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 19 22:19:46 UTC 2007

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=302

It makes a cogent thesis to the effect that:
  "we need to silence our rantings against Microsoft"

I think it makes an excellent point.  When I hear people at TLUG
meeting rant against Microsoft, they tend to make me think they are
raving lunatics.

It'd be like me running through town and screaming, "Don't eat cereal!
It's bad for you! Eat grass instead!"

The author suggests that you need to be saying why grass is better; I
think he's right without going there.  Anyone that runs around
screaming "Microsoft bad!" is undermining any position they wanted to
make.

"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)