mp3 players

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 18 23:03:55 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The San Disk e280 has 8 gigs with room for a microsd card for more room.
>
> If you put rockbox on it you can use it with almost all music formats.
> Works with MPEG2 video formats.
>
> It has many features when you combine rockbox with it.

How usable is rockbox on it?

I tried installing rockbox on my iPod, and found that nearly unusable :-(

The iAudio/Cowan unit looks mighty interesting with the rather larger
screen, but again, if rockbox is as (not) good as it seems to be on
the iPod, that's not much of an answer...
"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)