mp3 players

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 18 13:17:13 UTC 2007

James Knott wrote:
> There was something in the news recently about new iPods will work only
> with iTunes.

I picked up an ipod for my wife for Christmas and never installed the
Windows software. I used GTKpod to load songs on. I had to write a
script to pull songs off an album, grab the title and artist info and
rip an MP3 of all the songs on the CD. I even went so far as putting ID3
tags in the MP3 so that the iPod listed them correctly.

Using GTKpod apparently circumvented the DRM issues that plague Windows
users.

--

Register for the Ontario Linux Fest Conference <http://onlinux.ca> today!
A Linux Conference for users by users.

--
*John Van Ostrand* 	*Net Direct Inc.*
CTO, co-CEO 	564 Weber St. N. Unit 12 	map

  	Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6
john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org 	Ph: 866-883-1172 	ext.5102
*Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware* 	Fx: 519-883-8533