mp3 players

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 18 06:03:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 21:09 -0400, Jeremy Baker wrote:
> I am currently in the market for an mp3 player for my wife.  she uses a linux
> laptop, so I need it to work with linux.  Does anyone on the list have any
> suggestions?  It looks like the ipod is already struck off the list due to
> its dependency on itunes.

ipods actually work great with linux; i use amarok with no issues, as do
many others.  and you can install rockbox as well if you want (so,
rewrite the os by flashing the firmware); i don't use it (the ipod
belongs to MY partner, and she doesn't want any hacking around with it),
but i understand it's pretty flawless.

matt

--
Matt Price