mount slave drive

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 17:14:16 UTC 2007

Tyler Aviss wrote:
> Possibly, or it could just be that the drive packed it in. I've dealt
> with numerous drives at work there the drive just decided to die on a
> whim, or sometimes with the partition table becoming corrupted.

A bit of a coincidence but, okay.
> But, this is fdisk, which I have known to have some very quirky
> results when it comes to partitions defined under other partitioners
> (particularly windows partitions).

I never used fdisk. I just tolf the fedora 7 (installer witht the live
CD) to stay away from that drive. Man, I should have just physically
taken it out of the box. 10 GB worth of songs that students have brought me.
> Try "cfdisk /dev/sdb"
> Maybe you'll have more luck.

cfdisk doesn't seem to be on my system or an easy install. Is it worth
looking for this and installing or is it just a gui interface to fdsick?:

[root at p733 chris]# cfdisk /dev/sdb
bash: cfdisk: command not found
[root at 733 chris]# /sbin/cfdisk /dev/sdb
bash: /sbin/cfdisk: No such file or directory
[root@@p733 chris]# locate cfdisk
[root at p733 chris]# find / -name cfdisk
[root at p733 chris]# yum install cfdisk
Existing lock /var/run/yum.pid: another copy is running as pid 2000.
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...

Exiting on user cancel.
[root at p733 chris]# kill 2000
[root at p733 chris]# yum install cfdisk
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-7&arch=i386
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
resolution')>
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
%s. Please verify its path and try again

[root at p733 chris]#

> Also, just to double-check, you don't have any card-readers etc

No.

<snip>