Processors looking for a good home (OT)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 16:46:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 11:42:10AM -0400, Kareem Shehata wrote:
> I hear you, and I understand the complaints about HTML email... but at the
> same time there are two (at least!) sets of habits:

At least the HTML mail had a plain text version too, which is all I saw
in mutt. :)

> 1.  What gets used in most offices (top posting and html email, though I try
> and avoid some of the other stupid things most offices do)

I don't top post in the office (even though the majority of people seem
to) in general.  Of course sometimes deleting the 500 pages of quotes
when replying gets a bit tedious.

> 2.  What gets used in the list worl (properly composing an email in plain
> text)
>
> Both have their pros & cons, and each has their place.  Where I find it
> troublesome is switching between them!

The few advantages people have claimed for top posting so far have never
to me been advantages at all.

--
Len Sorensen