Processors looking for a good home

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 15:26:26 UTC 2007

How fast does it need to be? Perhaps you'd care to try a fanless via
C7 CPU, DC-DC power supply with brick, and either booting from a large
CF card or (if you want "quiet" but not quite "silent") a laptop hard
drive.

You can get Jetway boards with 1.2Ghz C7's for a decent price. I use
the fan'ed variety for mini-servers since they're very low on power
consumption for the always-on systems.