Processors looking for a good home

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 14:59:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:06:08AM -0400, Kareem Shehata wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but wanted to give back in
> a small way to this list.  I have two processors that I have no current use
> for, and was thinking of selling.  If you can find a good use for them,
> they're yours.
>
> 1)       Athlon XP 2500+ and heatsink

That was a lovely CPU.  Too bad the mainboard in my machine is 100MHz
FSB only, so I am stuck with my 700. :)  Ny other machine has a 2400XP-M
in it, which is actually really nifty, since it is a mobile cpu and uses
less power and is unlocked.  I run it at 9x200MHz which is close to the
13.5x133 that it was spec'd to run at.  Both the 2400XP-M and the 2500XP
are barton core which was the last K7 design and by far the best.

> 2)       Celeron D 2.0GHz (?) Socket 478, no heat sink

Eww. :)

--
Len Sorensen