mount slave drive

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 13:17:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 10:23:33AM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Yeah, I noticed they are named sda, sdb, though I don't have SATA drives
> - they are IDE. I guess fedora 7 just names themas if they are SATA?

The kernel has libata support for both SATA and PATA now, so many
systems are moving over, which means everything is treated as if it is
scsi based.  Since most interfaces are scsi command protocol based, that
isn't really that far fetched (only really PATA hard disks aren't scsi
commands, while PATA optical drives, tape drives, etc (anything using
ATAPI) is really scsi wrapped up in IDE commands).  USB storage,
firewire, fibrechannel, and many others are scsi command too using
various transport wrappers.  Just making things nice and consistent.

--
Len Sorensen