Game On!

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 14 20:27:57 UTC 2007

Channelling Xenu, John Myshrall's body Thetan said:

> JoeHill wrote:
> > Channelling Xenu, Scott Elcomb's body Thetan said:
> >

> >> I came across this article this morning:
> >>
> >> "Nuxified.org and Cluenet.org are preparing to hold a Free Software
> >> gaming tournament. Its purpose is to promote gaming in the Free
> >> Software world, on operating systems such as GNU/Linux, and *BSD and
> >> show that gaming is not limited to proprietary platforms such as
> >> Microsoft's Windows."
> >>
> >> Sounds like fun.  :-)
> >>
> >> To read the article:
> >>   http://tinyurl.com/3ck2kl
> >> or
> >>   http://www.nuxified.org/article/nuxified_and_cluenet_prepare_a_gaming_tourney_you_are_invited
> >>
> >> To signup:
> >>   http://www.nuxified.org/topic/sign_up_here_for_the_tourney
> >>

> > So far it looks like my favourite game is not going to make it in, due to
> > the <sarcasm>massive</sarcasm> majority that is voting for only including
> > games that are absolutely free, ie. including the game data. Because the
> > license for UT, as far as I can tell, says that the data cannot be
> > distributed or used for commercial purposes, it is not 'free'. Am I correct
> > in this interpretation?
> >

> Joe have you tried Tremulous yet ? UT is still gr8 however I haven't
> played since 2004 edition. Trem rocks !

Tremulous looks cool, especially playing as an alien, I like pretending I'm
spiderman.

I haven't _played_ it yet, as it looks like there is some degree of learning
involved with regard to the whole constructing game elements thing, like the
automated turrets and such. Almost sounds like the old Weapons Factory mod for
Q3, in fact...

I did notice in the game browser that there appear to be a lot of very active
servers in Toronto though, any one in particular you can recommend? If this is
going to be a game at the tourney, and I may just attend, then I should get
some practice time in ;)

--
JoeHill