TLUG spam

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 14 03:00:19 UTC 2007

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 06:40:19PM -0400, Colin
> McGregor wrote:
> > Yes, but it carries another problem, members whose
> > names change. The most recent example that I can
> think
> > of (and there is at least one other examples I
> could
> > name) is Leah Cunningham / Kubik . Here we have a
> case
> > where Leah Cunningham joined the list, but
> postings
> > from that person (thanks to marriage) are now
> under
> > the name Leah Kubik. In other words, yes,
> screening
> > based on the name the person joined under would
> help,
> > but introduce a new set of issues. Which is worse?
>
> Name changes are obsolete anyhow.  They are such a
> hassle for account
> names and such.  Just leave the name alone.  Some
> places don't even let
> you change names anyhow (like Quebec).  Seems like a
> good solution to
> me. :)

Name changes will happen on the list for any one of
several reasons, that's life and we will have to deal
with it. Granted, name changes are fairly rare on our
list. Still between marriage, people who change their
name because they are unhappy with the name they were
born with (i.e.: who remembers Canadian Prime Minister
Avril Phaedra Douglas Campbell vs. who remembers Prime
Minister Kim Campbell) or ... other reasons ... name
changes happen...