Dual display with built-in mobo video

keith kmastin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 15 02:40:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-13-09 at 11:12 -0400, Michael Kennedy wrote:
> It's hard to part ways from those old CRTs, eh?
>
> When disposing of old gear, I find the most efficient way is to post
> as ***FREE*** on toronto.craigslist.org, but if you are going to
> actually throw it out, the City of Toronto takes old computers and
> monitors at their drop-off depots.
>
> See: http://www.toronto.ca/garbage/pdf/solidwastedrop-offdepots.pdf
>
> If you're in Waterloo, as your e-mail address suggests, then they have
> a program as well, which is fee-based.
>
> See: http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca/web/region.nsf/97dfc347666efede85256e590071a3d4/312623eb1574fb6285256efb005879a3!OpenDocument
>
> Am I the only one that feels so guilty for sending things to the
> landfill?  I wish there was an eco-friendly way of disposal.  Does
> anyone know of any other options that might be available?  I have bins
> full of old derelict cables & devices, and I really would rather they
> didn't end up under a bulldozer if that's at all possible.

There's a company out of Hamilton that recycles old computer parts. They
send CRT monitors to a smelter where they're used as slag. A slight
handling charge might be asked. Look up ECR (Environmental Computer
Recycling). They sent a truck and took a couple tons of stuff away for
me a few years back.

HTH
Keith