emu 1212m or f7 semitone #

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 14 02:33:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 07:16:27PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> I don't even know what list to post this to. My new emu 1212M PCI
> soundcard is playing music a semitone higher than it should. THis is not
> a new problem - it's been that way since I installed the soundcard
> (which was only a couple of weeks ago). I just gave a bass guitar lesson
> and had my student put a capo on the first fret to play along with
> "Dazed and Confused". And it's not just youtube - my CDs play a semitone
> higher. Audacity plays a semitone higher. So, it must be the soundcard
> or my system (fedora 7). I'll dust off my little PC speakers and try the
> onboard soundcard (not the emu 1212M) to see (hear) if it's the OS
> that's overclocking (not knowing a proper term) the sound. I just
> thought I'd post this first in case anyone knows a quick fix.

Hmm, what would happen if 44.1KHz audio was played at 48KHz.  One semi
tone higher would make 44.1KHz into 46.7KHz, which I guess would not be
that far off from 48KHz.

Any chance you were accidentally playing something at the wrong output
speed?

What are you playing?  mp3?  wave?  midi?  Using what player?

--
Len Sorensen