emu 1212m or f7 semitone #

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 23:16:27 UTC 2007

I don't even know what list to post this to. My new emu 1212M PCI
soundcard is playing music a semitone higher than it should. THis is not
a new problem - it's been that way since I installed the soundcard
(which was only a couple of weeks ago). I just gave a bass guitar lesson
and had my student put a capo on the first fret to play along with
"Dazed and Confused". And it's not just youtube - my CDs play a semitone
higher. Audacity plays a semitone higher. So, it must be the soundcard
or my system (fedora 7). I'll dust off my little PC speakers and try the
onboard soundcard (not the emu 1212M) to see (hear) if it's the OS
that's overclocking (not knowing a proper term) the sound. I just
thought I'd post this first in case anyone knows a quick fix.

Chris