Dual display with built-in mobo video

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 18:43:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 01:08:10PM -0400, Kareem Shehata wrote:
> Mobo: Elitegroup P4M800PRO-M478
> Chipset: VT8237 Southbridge, P4M800PRO(?) Northbridge
>
> The manual describes the video as being integrated to the northbridge
> "UniChrome Pro 3D/2D"

Oh one of those lovely via P4 chipsets.

> Yea, I couldn't find an option in the BIOS other than "Primary Video".  It
> looks like that's pretty much what it's doing.

Certainly a modern PCI card should work as a second video output.  Of
course many AGP cards are also dual monitor which is usually even
simpler.  Since the internal video appears to be AGP based, it seems
very unlikely that you can enable it while an AGP card is installed.
You could use it along with a PCI card though.

--
Len Sorensen