.odt or .sxw ?

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 14:25:56 UTC 2007

I think that this is a simple enough OO question that it's not worth
joining their mailing list:

My OO 2.2 defaults to .odt when saving files. So, I keep saving it as
.sxw. I have to keep comfirming that I want to save as .sxw. I'm tired
of doing this. Is there no .sxw 2.x file format. Is .odt the new
standard. Almost all of my saved files are .sxw. Should I be making the
switch. I don't think I use any of the newer features (whatever they
are) that I'm ever going to lose anything critical either way. I guess
OO is just warning me that some features may not be there if I create in
OO 2.2 but save in OO 1. I guess OO 2.2 doesn't look at what's in my
specific document before advising.

A minor annoyance but I'd like to know if I should change how I'm doing
things.

Chris