Game On!

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 02:38:12 UTC 2007

Channelling Xenu, Scott Elcomb's body Thetan said:

> I came across this article this morning:
>
> "Nuxified.org and Cluenet.org are preparing to hold a Free Software
> gaming tournament. Its purpose is to promote gaming in the Free
> Software world, on operating systems such as GNU/Linux, and *BSD and
> show that gaming is not limited to proprietary platforms such as
> Microsoft's Windows."
>
> Sounds like fun.  :-)
>
> To read the article:
>   http://tinyurl.com/3ck2kl
> or
>   http://www.nuxified.org/article/nuxified_and_cluenet_prepare_a_gaming_tourney_you_are_invited
>
> To signup:
>   http://www.nuxified.org/topic/sign_up_here_for_the_tourney

So far it looks like my favourite game is not going to make it in, due to the
<sarcasm>massive</sarcasm> majority that is voting for only including games
that are absolutely free, ie. including the game data. Because the license for
UT, as far as I can tell, says that the data cannot be distributed or used for
commercial purposes, it is not 'free'. Am I correct in this interpretation?

--
JoeHill