Sept 11th Meeting, What happened?

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 12 21:33:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:14:09AM -0400, David C. Chipman wrote:
>> 		I'm aware that the above meeting was used for a
>> text-editor debate, but what was it like? For hose of us who couldn't
>> be there, I'd like to know. Having gone back to school, my getting home
>> in time to head out to a TLUG meeting will be vastly curtailed. Later,
>
> Did anyone use Monday's userfriendly as an example of why emacs is bad? :)

       No, because it's not true that one need's all ten digits to operate
       emacs.

       I am an 8-finger typist. I don't touch type, but I am fast enough
       to have held down jobs in which typesetting was a major component.

       I've used emacs variants on and off for almost 25 years, and have
       been using GNU Emacs for the last 7 years. I have tried vi a few
       times -- enough to know that it is not for me. The first version I
       used, on SunOS 4.1, was enough to put me off it for life. I have
       tried vim, and it is almost usable.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
    ========= Do not reply to the From: address; use Reply-To: ========