fun with GPL

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 6 08:18:14 UTC 2007

What got my attention was this further comment by Gary:
  Interesting end-run around the EULA. We'll have to make it a
condition of downloading the software.

I'd have to say that yes, he doesn't understand the GPL. Plenty of
companies are happy to "be coming with the code" for weeks, months, or
even years, so an article on slashdot is usually a good way to bring
it to their attention that people are watching, and waiting. It looks
like a neat tool, so hopefully they fix the GPL issues by releasing
the source, dumping the conflicting license/EULA terms, and end up
with a better product (and hopefully a Linux version) in the future.