semi-pro PCI snd crd for linux

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 3 01:29:41 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:
> Jamon Camisso wrote:
>> Chris Aitken wrote:
>>> tleslie wrote:
<snip>

>> That'll get you a step close with hana.fw, it should just end up in
>> /lib/firmware if you install the rpm vs. extracting the file.
> Still no sound - but then you did write that I'd be a step closer -
> not done!
I rebooted and alsamixer is coming up now. I played a test sound in
Soundcard Detection and it played!

alsamixer might be too much for my little Compaq PIII 733 though - it's
slowing my system and it won't let me adjust volumes. I tried bringing
up alsa at a terminal ('alsamixer') but that brings up an older
menu-style application (more than text but less than GUI) - I can adjust
volume in the menu-app alsamixer but the level snaps back to default as
soon as I click out of the app...

I'm way ahead now though - thanks everyone!!

Chris

<snip>