printing .pdf

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 30 19:33:27 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 01:51:02PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
>
>> lpr is already filled in by default. The problem is that I use cups not
>> lpr. I think I have some old information to make symlinks so that lpr
>> actually invokes the cups printing command (whatever it is). I'll look
>> it up...

I created a symlink and it didn't help:

[chris at p733 ~]$ ln -s /usr/bin/lpr.cups /usr/bin/lpr
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/bin/lpr': File exists

Printing from xpdf (to it's default lpr) is still not working.

I did /sbin/service cups restart

and

   /etc/init.d/cups stop

   /etc/init.d/cups start

(which probably just does the same thing) - still not printing.

I tried typing the complete /usr/bin/lpr in place of the lpr in xpdf and
it still didn't print.

Chris

<Snip>