printing .pdf

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 30 15:40:56 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I can't print .pdf files from xpdf.
>
> The default print command is lpr. Can I just replace that with whatever
> the cups print command is? Or do I have to do a symlink from the lpr
> command to whatever the cups print command is. cups rpinting is working
> just fine - I can print everything else (email, OO docs et al.). I'll
> still need to know what the cups print command is. What is it?

When I need to print a PDF from xpdf (goofy Motif interface, grumble,
grumble) I just put 'lpr' into the dialog that the print command pops
up, and it just works. There's probably some kind of configuration
change that I could do to make that permanent, but it's not that
important to me, so I continue to type in 'lpr' whenever I need to
print from xpdf.

Someone better than me at System Administration can probably explain
what's going on.

Don't all speak at once. ;)

--
Alex Beamish