iPod Nano

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 30 15:19:58 UTC 2007

| From: Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org>

Don't put random things in control files.  That may have bad
consequences.

| Muhammad Imran wrote:
| > You can put Yum repositories in /etc/yum.conf [baseurl=<repo URL>]

Not the conventional place to put this.

For safe administration, follow conventions.

| Now, what repository should I put in there?

I don't remember what you are looking for.  But don't do this.

| > Or in files named <repo name>.repo in /etc/yum/yum.repos.d
| >
| I don't have that file. We are talking about a redhat-based distro, right? I
| use fedora 7.

try:
  $ ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/

Find out what repo you want.  They will most likely supply a suitable
new file for putting in this directory.

But don't lightly add repos.  They don't all get along (there are
conflicts that are problematic).  Livna is usually safe and reasonable
(not all of its content is legal in US; not sure about Canada).