iPod Nano

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 29 17:37:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 07:30:36PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Okay, I bought the iPod nano (4 GB) today. I didn't bother
> buying/installing the USB 2.0 card because three salesmen told me I only
> need the 2.0 if I want to load the iPod in 20 minutes instead of 45
> minutes. I don't really care - I'm fine loading it in 45 minutes. Unless
> they have it wrong. Also, i see on the iPod package it lists "USB 2.0"
> under under "Requirements". So, do I /need/ USB 2.0 or not? Remember I'm
> in Timmins not Toronto. :)

more like 90 minutes rather than 20.  Well if you fill it all up that
is.

> I plugged it in and it charged up in 1 1/2 hours (not the 3 hours it
> warned). I'm going to go through all the emails in this thread again to
> what my next step should be.
>
> An 'IPOD' directory showed up on my desktop. It contains four
> directories, none of which contain anything I can run or read by simply
> clicking on them.

To load an ipod you have to use one of the programs that puts the files
on it in the right place and updates the xml playlist files correctly
to, such as amarok or whatever it is called.  I don't have an ipod. :)

--
Len Sorensen