locked out of home directory??

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 29 17:33:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 09:12:28PM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Which is, I believe, not rather good.
>
> It is not business of Group or Others to list your personal files.
>
> I am not sure if Linux programs take things enougth seriously. I would
> think that personal home directory should have persmissions drwx------
>
> But than, mayb,e some programs would stop to work...

Like user home pages in apache for example.

Besides on most systems your home directory is part of your won personal
group.

I believe apache will put up with a home dir that is rwxr--r-- as long
as public_html (or equivelant) is rwxr-xr-x underneath it.  rwx------
won't work though since then it can't find the inoe for the public_html
dir.

--
Len Sorensen